Thursday 29 September 2011

Location Ideas

The video will be set initially at a house, probably mine. As the song is to do with skipping school I have an idea of the first shot being of him awaking after sleeping in, so probably a bedroom setting. The video needs to relate to my target audience of teenager/young adults, so the room will be messy and contain items that can be recognized with people of that age.

I then intend on doing some shots of the artist relaxing around the home - kitchen, lounge and garden shots. The lounge particularly to illustrate the lyrics, for example 'supposed to be in class but I ain't goin. Let's chill on the couch, see what's on the telly where we won't love the house'. This can again be done at my house, although I fear some elements of the mise-en-scene could possibly make the video look too English with an American song. I then have the idea of using some action shots of the artist at the basketball court, as this will tie in well with the genre and also give the video something interesting. Although this will not follow complete illustration of the song, it is still something that is often a convention of existing videos of the genre.


Ideally, if money was not an issue - a fantasy location would be in America, in an urban area such as New York. This is because my video would be easily identifiable with fans of the genre, and will have connotations of successful artists that have also made videos there. It would give authenticity to what I am trying to convey rather than having to pretend in a way it's something that it's not.

No comments:

Post a Comment